Non Resident (Ordinary Accounts)
NRO Accounts (Current earnings repatriable)
Repatriation from NRO balances
Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, a authorised Dealer can allow remittance/s upto USD 1 million per financial year (April-March) for bonafide purposes, from balances in NRO accounts subject to payment of applicable taxes. The limit of USD 1 million per financial year includes sale proceeds of immovable properties held by NRIs/PIO.
Accounts can be opened by Non-Resident Indian individuals, OCBs, and can also be held jointly with Resident Indians.
The account opening application form can be downloaded from our website and is also available at our NRI desks at Bahrain / Kuwait / Dubai / Mumbai / Hyderabad / Aluva & New Delhi. The completed form alongwith the support documents as listed here under maybe submitted at any of our NRI counters.
The accounts can be opened by remittances from abroad or by transfer of funds from the your existing NRE/FCNR accounts. It can also be opened by tendering Foreign currency or Travellers cheque during the temporary visit to India. The existing resident account can also be converted to NRO account once the individual leaves the country.
The accounts designated in INR can be of saving bank nature or a term deposit as per the depositors instructions.
FEATURES & BENEFITS :
- Free cheque Book facility. Cheque book could be obtained from our overseas NRI desks.
- Free ATM Card for local usage when on vacation / visits to India.
- Withdrawals and Balance Enquiry from ATMs of BANCS Network.
- Anywhere Banking on CBS Platform- This facility entitles the account holder to withdraw or deposit cash at Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- You can give us various types of standing instructions like transferring to fixed deposit accounts, local monthly payments.
- Interest is payable as per the norms of the bank and is repatriable. Tax deduction at source on interest income as per applicable income tax laws.
- Specific Investments in Mutual funds, Equity, Insurance can be made through this account without reference to Reserve Bank of India. Refund/ Income/ dividend on such investments can be credited back.
- Local legitimate dues credit of the depositors like rent, dividend warrant etc could be deposited in this account.
|Type of Account
||Average Balance per Quarter
- Nomination facility available for bank deposits.
- There can be only one Nominee for a deposit account whether held singly or jointly.
- A person legally empowered to operate a minor's account can file a nomination on behalf of the minor.
- The nomination details can be changed during the subsistence of the account relationship by filling up the prescribed form.
- For more details Contact BBK Branches.
ELIGIBILITY & OPERATIONS:
The following are eligible to open a Regular Savings account
- Non-Resident Indians (sole or jointly with another Non-resident / Resident Indian).
A minimum deposit of Rs. 1,000/- is required to open an account and thereafter an Average Amount of Rs 5000 per Quarter to be maintained.
Along with the account opening form application, self attested copies of following be forwarded to complete the formalities as per the central bank ( viz Reserve Bank of India ) Know your customer guidelines:
- PAN Card.
- Valid Passport ( Copies of pages having the photograph. Siganature, Address, Date of birth, Visa endorsement and place of issue and expiry ).
- Original Letter from Employer certifying the residential address of applicant. Signature of the employee has to be attested on the letter.
- Employee Identity Card.
Note : Mandatory to provide Permanent address and telephone number.
FEES & CHARGES FOR SAVING ACCOUNT: